Friday, August 28, 2009

LA Arboretum

I love reflections (which reminds me I need to look for another reflections photo taken in downtown LA). If I remember correctly, the day I took this the pond was quite green, so getting this type of reflection of the sky and tree made it look better than it actually was at the time.

Interesting thing about cameras and the people who operate them - while it's true that the camera doesn't lie - it only records what is put in front of it - the camera operator, through lighting, selective framing and focusing can create an impression of a scene that is quite different from what is actually there. And this is all before it gets into Photoshop, where it can become anything at all! I guess the moral of this story is don't believe everything you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment