Monday, August 3, 2009

Home Made Bread

I like baking bread. Not with a bread maker, mind you, but with my hands. Not that I have anything against bread makers, I just like the process. It's very fulfilling. Been doing it since I was a teenager.

In agrarian cultures this would be the time of the year for the first of the grain harvests, so it seemed appropriate to make some fresh bread this weekend. It makes my home smell wonderful while it's baking.

My mother always said she wasn't good at making bread (although she is a very good cook) so she didn't make it and I don't remember her mother (also a very good cook) baking bread very often so I'm not sure where my love for it came from. Probably from watching too much "Little House On The Prairie" I guess. I've also dabbled in wheat weaving - which is why I happened to have some on hand to take this photo.

2 comments:

  1. Can you make one for me too?
    It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot. I wish I had that right in front of me right now... with a sqeeze bear of honey!

    ReplyDelete