Saturday, August 1, 2009

End of a LONG day!

Ok, I said I'd put up a new photo every day. I never promised they would always be GOOD photos (and this isn't even a photo, but hey, at least I tried). I'll put up something spectacular tomorrow to make up for it, ok? Are we still friends? Oh, good. I was worried there for a minute.

What started out as a 2 hour errand this morning turned into an all day drive from L.A. to San Luis Obispo and back. And yes, that IS what I look like after driving for 10 hours!

What can I say? A friend was in a bind and needed a ride home and I had nothing going on today that couldn't wait until tomorrow so I drove her home. And it was a glorious day for a drive up our beautiful California coastline! Too bad neither of the cameras (very old point-and-shoot)I took today were of any use. One had a dead battery and the other has a broken zoom so I anything I shoot looks far, far away. Anyone out there just got a new digital SLR and have an old one lying around they don't need any more? I could sure use one.

Any way...one of the perks of this big adventure today, besides the feeling that I actually did something useful, was that I stopped at Anderson's Pea Soup in Buelton and not only had a bowl of their luscious pea soup for dinner (been eating that since I was a kid), I also picked up a bottle of their fabulous Pomegranate wine. I love all things pomegranate and this stuff is GOOD! But more about that tomorrow. YAWN!!! I'm going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment