Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fond Memories

I ask you, is there anything better in the world than licking the beaters after you've just finished mixing up your favorite batch of (insert favorite baked goods here)? I remember my grandma making cakes, brownies, cookies and we always got to lick the beaters. That was the best ever (even better than eating the finished product)! If you grew up in a house where no one baked, you have my sympathy - you missed out on a wonderful memory.

If you have kids and you don't bake - learn how! Even if it's just mixing up the box mixes from the store (slice and bake cookies won't work - no beaters to lick). Baking from scratch, though, that's magic. And it's not as hard to do as you might think. More fun than watching TV or playing video games. You will create some wonderful memories if you let them help you cook - whatever you're making.

Some of my happiest memories are of helping my mom and her mother cook our meals and our treats. I learned to be a fairly good cook from both of them. Thanks mom! Thanks grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment