Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Unexpected Kindness of Strangers

I attended the WomanSpirit gathering in Long Beach last weekend. I'm usually there representing my organization twice a year so I was making the rounds, visiting with people I only see at this event, checking out the vendors to see if there is anything I simply MUST take home with me. At one vendor's booth I was admiring her cute, quirky paintings, along with little teapot charm  necklaces. About an hour later when I was back at my booth, two women came by and I started chatting with them. I commented on the cute buttons they were wearing. The buttons were the same design on the paintings I was admiring at the other booth (I mentioned I hadn't seen the buttons for sale). About 15 minutes later these women came back to my booth and gave me a button - they had gone and bought one for me. 

They don't know me and they brought me something they knew I would like. It was a small thing, but I thought it was very nice of them.

If you like this cat you can see more of Kit's work at www.kitsglass.net

No comments:

Post a Comment