Thursday, April 29, 2010

New York Wrap Up

This is Joey, Lisa and Jim. Joey and Jim graciously let Lisa and I stay in their home while we were in New York. It's a beautiful brownstone in SoHo - so close to everything!  Joey got us tickets for the playhouse next door to them, he loaned us his membership cards for the museums so we could get in free. Thanks so much guys for making me feel welcome!

 Rainy Day in New York
Madison Avenue and 42nd Street.

Lafayette and Spring. New York was even pretty in the rain.

Grand Central Terminal


It's a REALLY big place! Very open, very pretty. A reminder of an older time of elegant traveling. I still like our Union Station in Los Angeles better, though, in terms of architecture and decor.

They don't have a Food Court, they have a "Dining Concourse". Good food too. I had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich.

The sign at the bottom of the stairs in the photo says "Sitting on stairways strictly prohibited". I have learned that signs in New York are more suggestion than rules, whether it's this one about sitting, the walk/don't walk signs at the street corners and no honking/noise signs.

New York is a great city. I saw just about everything I wanted to see in Manhattan. Next trip I will get to Central Park. I had the most fun wandering around taking photos of the streets and buildings. Even the few times that it rained didn't spoil the adventure. I hope you enjoyed my photos and my comments.

1 comment: