Sunday, April 25, 2010

New York - Day 8 - Sunday

It started pouring rain in the wee hours of the morning today. All in all my weather luck has been pretty good. The two times I got caught in the rain earlier this week were later in the day when I was pretty much on my way home anyway.

Didn't do much today. Had brunch with Halcyon at this hole-in-the-wall place in SoHo that you get to by going down this little alley. GREAT food! Then I went to Grand Central Terminal ("Terminal" not "Station"). Beautiful place and really big!

The rain was only very light while I was out and about today then it started pouring about 1/2 and hour after I got back to the house tonight and it's still going on. There's a skylight here in the bedroom so I can listen to the rain patter all night.

A friend of ours from High School came down from D.C. today with her husband and we all hung out and chatted about various things (mostly about theater). It was nice to see her again.

It's been a really interesting trip but I'm REALLY ready to come home now. The car is picking us up at 7:30 am tomorrow to take us to the airport. I'm all packed and It's 11:23 now so I really need to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment