Tuesday, March 30, 2010

WALLS

I was reading something a few months ago and there was a quote that caught my attention - something about the walls [difficulties] we encounter in life are not there to stop us from reaching our goals but to test how badly we want them and are willing to work to achieve them. I can't remember who said it, but I thought it was interesting.

It seems like I'm always running into walls. Since I can't go through most of them I try to go around them but that just takes me farther away from my goal. I keep taking two steps backward or sideways for every one step I take forward.

But then there's the concept that it's the journey, not the destination that is important and that one learns more from failures than from successes. I have learned a lot of important lessons and, of course, I'm still learning. Well, one learns a lot of wrong ways to do something and maybe (hopefully) one right way. I just wish I had a few more successes than failures. It would be a bit more encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment