Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Always Learning

The universe is whacking me on the head again saying "pay attention". From 3 different sources in the past month I have been given instructions on various aspects of communication -

1) a workshop about learning the vocabulary necessary to communicate an experience,

2) my design class is getting more in depth about the mechanics of communicating ideas visually,


3) at work we all just went through a workshop about recognizing everyone's "core self" and using that knowledge to communicate more effectively with one another to alleviate confusion/conflict/misunderstandings and better serve our customers.

3 seemingly unrelated events/classes that I just realized yesterday were all about the same thing - effective communication (something I really need to get a handle on). Growth, for me, seems to come in explosions, not spurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment