Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stable in the Afternoon


Ok, I go through my list of photos for the week and this is today's. I haven't actually ridden a horse in over 20 years. Pitty, I enjoy (or I did then) riding horses. There's a wonderful sense of power and strength in a horse, and personality, and attitude; just like people.

My friend owns a horse and this is where she stables him. Well, ok, not this specific row in the photo, he's over on the north/west side where the shadows were. This side was more picturesque (sorry Moo). The smell of the place was very comforting; soil, hay, horses (and yes manure, but not as much as you'd think). It was definately not a sanitized, perfumed, recycled air kind of scent we smell in our offices and malls. It spoke of...oh, I don't know what it spoke of, but I kept noticing it and being comforted by it.

I think the last time I was on a horse was on Catalina Island. It was an early morning ride and I remember coming around a bend on the top of a hill and all of Avalon harbor was laid out before us. It was beautiful!
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think this photo, with it's long shadows and golden afternoon light is beautiful. I know not everyone will agree, but it is my blog, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment