Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cameras




While looking for something else the other day I discovered I have 14 cameras. How did that happen? I have no idea. I purchased 4 or 5 of them, the others I aquired by friends giving them to me I think. Some of them work, some don't. The "Brownie" in this photo is broken, but I know I have a working one somewhere (probably packed away in someone's garage). I do have one of the ill-fated Kodak instant cameras (I think I bought that one at a yard sale). They lost a lawsuit with Polaroid and had to stop making instant cameras.

I have a Lubitel camera that says "made in the U.S.S.R. (which doesn't even exist any more). I'm very sad that this one is broken. One of the "petals" on the iris is stuck and I don't know where I could get this fixed. I only used it a few times before it broke. It only cost me $25 to buy the thing originally so I can't complain too much.

I don't know where the twin lens Yashika Mat came from or even if it works. I'll have to buy some film and try it out. It's a VERY heavy camera.

Polaroid announced that they were discontinuing the instant film last year. Apparently there was such an outcry from loyal users that they are coming out with new cameras again. Gotta give the public what they want.

If I could just trade in all these cameras for a really good digital SLR I'd be happy.

1 comment:

  1. e-bay them all. That's how I got my first DSLR. I got a lot more for them than I thought I would. But then that was over 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete