Friday, October 22, 2010

It's About Where You Look

I don't have to go very far to find beautiful and/or interesting things to shoot. I have to shoot used cars for my job and while walking over to do that this week I stopped to shoot the lilies in the landscaping in front of a building on my way. I like photographing the flowers, plants and trees around where I work. Different time of the day or the year yield different results, even if it's the same object.

Of course, in that same planter with the lily is a plant called Society Garlic. You've probably seen them - long thin leaves, long thin green stems with purple flowers. They're used quite a lot in landscaping, but for the life of me, I can't understand why. They smell awful!!! I had one in my garden a few years ago, thinking I was growing garlic. When I discover that all I was growing was a stinky plant (it does not produce garlic cloves) I got rid of it.

Someone in my office told me about the Spider Pavilion next to the Natural History Museum. I'm going to have to go over there and take photos! That could be some really good shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment