Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Faux Magazine Cover

I shot this as a drawing reference for an assignment in my Illustration class. It was for a magazine cover. I love having a digital camera. I can see immediately if I have the look I want. This was a very quick, down and dirty shoot for such a nice outcome. I threw a velvet cape over my desk chair, put a clipboard on the seat so the glass and the candle didn't tip over then shot the image.

This one was difficult to get in focus because I was shooting in very low light and not on a tripod. I finally ended up standing it up on the coffee table to make sure it was steady. I didn't want to use the blade in it but I couldn't find a wand and I needed that straight, strong line to balance the curves of the glass and the crystal.

I think I took about 5 shots at different levels. There was one other angle I liked as much as this one - the camera was a little bit lower. I like the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment