Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Texture

Earlier this year I decided to set myself a photo challenge theme for each month in order to have something to photograph if I didn't have anything particular in mind. January was Texture. I like doing detail shots and looking closely at things we see pretty much every day but don't really pay any attention to.



There is a wooden outside near my door. On one of the rare rainy days in California I took this shot.



This vine is growing on the concrete wall that separates by building from the one next door. This vine is a volunteer which comes from the apartment building behind my carport.


The landlord recently gave up on trying to grow grass in the front and put in gravel. This picture was also taken on that rare rainy day I mentioned earlier. Dry gravel isn't very interesting looking.




This is one of the walls outside the building. They were doing pre-paint prepwork - scraping off all the loose paint. Another rainy day photo. 




 artichoke. (not taken on a rainy day OR outside my apartment).



I think this was a plant outside the butterfly pavilion at the Natural History Museum. I love the soft, delicate seeds.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment