Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wire Wrapping

I get lots of stones and shells, from various places. When my friends go on vacation I ask them to bring me back an interesting stone or sea shell (I don't need expensive souvenirs and I feel like I'm traveling vicariously). I didn't want to just keep them in a bowl - some of them are very pretty. So, I learned how to do wire wrapping. Now I can wear them as jewelry or hang them on my rear view mirror (or any other place I want). They don't just sit in a bowl in my home.

It's fun. Each piece is different, each has it's own personality so no two are alike. It has been quite useful for making gifts for friends also. They usually enjoy something that is made by hand and has some thought behind it, not something that is plucked out of a dozen lookalikes on a shelf in a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment