Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beautiful Fire

I LOVE FIRE! Fire is living, breathing, changing, awesomeness!

Today we had two Firefighters from the LA County Disaster Preparedness Division at one of our facilities demonstrating the appropriate use of fire extinguishers for our employees. I, of course, was there to document the event for...whatever. But I really would rather have been just walking around shooting the flames. It was very windy this morning and the flame was wild and blowing and beautiful. They used a tray of water with a gas diffuser (I'm guessing propane) inside so they could control the flame (of course - they're firemen - that's what they do).

The few times I've been fortunate enough to go camping, my favorite time of day is when we light the evening fire. I can sit and watch the flames dancing all night. I have a very healthy respect for fire and I would love to take a Fire Technology class. Maybe I can reinvent myself and become a pyrotechnician.

1 comment:

  1. We have so much in common Gina, I cannot wait until we are all close again... The move was worth a try, but homesickness for people you miss is horrible..Nema

    ReplyDelete