Sunday, February 14, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

I've had a photo book project in my head for years. Now I've started gathering up the photos I want to use in the project. One of the thoughts in the book is "Sometimes the hardest part of any job is just getting started". The idea I had in mind for the photo was some wood and tools laid out ready to go, but not yet started.

Since I don't have a workshop, nor a place to set up such a shot I asked my friend, Keven, if he would be interested in shooting this for me. Not only is Kevin a great photographer, he also does beautiful wrought iron work and woodworking (and probably a bunch of other amazingly talented things I don't know about).

A few days after I asked he sent me 12 lovely color photos of just what I asked for...and he sent me this one. The sepia tone makes it look very old fashioned and I'm immediately drawn to some ineffable nostalgic quality in this photo. It's not the one I picked for my book, but I just had to share it somewhere.

When I ask, my friends are always there for me, whether it's a big request or small and I just thought I'd take this Valentine's day to say "thanks" to all of them!

More of Kevin's photos are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/1sailorkev/

No comments:

Post a Comment