Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Did You Know...?

Did you know that in the English language, the word orange is 1) a fruit, 2) a color and 3) a flavor. Nothing else is all 3. AND, as if that weren't enough, there is no word in the English language that rhymes with "orange".

You're trying, aren't you? You're trying to think of a word that rhymes with orange. And you're trying to disprove the other statement too. I know you, I know how you think. You're thinking "lemons taste like lemon". Yes, that's true, but what color is a lemon? It's YELLOW.  Yeah, yeah, I know you're saying "but it's LEMON yellow". Doesn't count. It's still yellow.

Still trying, aren't you? Now you're probably trying "blueberries". Yes, they taste like blueberries but they're not blueberry colored; they're not even blue - they're purple. (BTW, there's no blue fruit either - I learned that from George Carlin).

Made you think? Ok, then my job is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment