Friday, September 4, 2009

Wyoming Snow

This was the view from my mom's front door when she first moved to Wyoming. I went there to visit for her birthday. It snowed the 2nd day I was there. It was quite beautiful to watch the landscape slowly fill up and be blanketed by snow. This was such a beautiful sight.

Being a SoCal girl I don't often get the opportunity to watch snow fall so it's a treat for me. I wouldn't live somewhere where it snows a lot as long as I still have to work. Snow is much more enjoyable when you don't have to go out in it unless you want to.

My niece was still little then. She wanted to go out in the snow as soon as it started coming down and she was still in her pjs. It took us forever to get her to come back in even though she was shivering and her teeth were chattering. She was having too much fun throwing snowballs for the neighbor's dog to catch and sliding down a tiny "hill" created by the snow drifting up against the side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment