Monday, August 9, 2010

DeviantArt 10th Birthday Bash

Ana (my niece) and I went to the DeviantArt 10th Birthday Bash at the house of Blues last Saturday. Ana has well over 100 images (mostly drawings) on DeviantArt. I only have about 10 photos up. For anyone who doesn't know, DA is a social network for artists of just about every medium. Saturday they said they had about 15 million (that's MILLION) artists all over the world. When we got there we signed in with our screen names. Two of Ana's pictures showed up on the monitors on the 3rd floor while we were up there. That was cool!

They had monitors all over the place and showed random artwork of members on the screens all during the party. It was amazing to see all those people in one place who had this social networking place in common. It was very inspiring and humbling. I got some great ideas about pictures I want to do as a result of being at the party. I even wrote them down so I wouldn't forget.

They also had the new Bamboo drawing tablets available for people to try. These new tablets are also touch pads. They even gave a few of them away. It was a really fun day. I'm glad we had the experience.
www.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment