Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Spider In My Garden

I discovered a spider web in my tomato cage yesterday morning on my way out to work. It was so delicate and so perfectly woven. I had to spray it with a mist in order to shoot it. I think I confused the spider who made it. It wasn't in the web when I sprayed, but it ran into the center of the web - probably looking for food - when the weight of the water drops moved the web. I could imagine it muttering to itself about 'the one that got away" when it didn't find any food.

The web is still there today, although not as tidy and new looking so I hope it has been successful in it's hunting. I just hope whatever is flying around pollinates the flowers on my tomato plants first before it gets caught in the web. 

I need to get a macro lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment