Saturday, June 9, 2018

Heading Home June 9

Saturday, June 9


Got up very early this morning! Jane made me some tea. I’m torn about going home. There’s so much more to do and see here and Jane and I have such great conversations about everything so I’d like to stay, but I kind of miss my bed and my own space – plus, I don’t get unlimited vacation days and I have to be back at work on Monday so I guess it’s time to go home.

Getting through security and immigration was easy. The longest part was waiting for the stations to open so early in the morning. The flight home was more comfortable that the flight out. I had a little more leg room and could actually straighten my legs out a bit from time to time. I watched The Greatest Showman, Coco, and Lady Bird. 


When I arrived at O’Hare my departure gate was right next to my arrival gate so no trying to get from one end of the terminal to the other to catch my connecting flight (like I’ve had to do the last couple of times I’ve gone to Wyoming). I had time to do a little shopping. I got some snacks and a neck pillow (which made the last leg of the flight MUCH more comfortable). 


The flight to LAX was uneventful. I think I dozed a bit on and off. There were three seats in the row I was in. I was in the middle and a woman was on the isle. As we were taking off she was crying. I asked if she was ok and she said that she was. A few minutes later she told me she was returning home from her father’s funeral. Nobody claimed the window seat to I offered it to her. She declined so I took it. She asked if her daughter, who was sitting behind us could sit in the middle seat and I said of course. I’m glad they got to sit together on the flight home. I hope it made them feel better to have each other nearby.

Flying over Canada
 Apparently we flew over Canada on the way home.



 If you look right off the back of the wing, that's the new sports stadium they're building in LA near the Forum.


Fortunately I didn’t have to wait long for the flyway to take me back to Van Nuys. My sister got stuck in church so I ended up taking a taxi home. That was easy breezy. Donna and Ralph took me out to dinner when they got home. Good thing, since there was NO food in my fridge.

Such a wonderful trip! I am so grateful to the universe for finally getting me there and to Jane who not only let me stay with her, but planned such fun trips and outings that I never would have thought of on my own. It definitely was the trip of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment