Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Amazing Sunset

This was the most amazing sunset I've ever seen. And this was the tail END of a magnificent light show. Of course, my camera was in trunk of my car and I was driving up the 5 Freeway while this was going on. I had to hand my cell phone to my friend, Stephen, in the back seat to get this photo. This is straight out of the camera - no Photoshop or alteration involved.

I have seen "god light" many times before - the light beams that come down through the clouds. I tried to look up god light to see who coined that term and couldn't find anything but I know painters of religious images have used that look for centuries as a symbol of the divine. However, I have NEVER see them going UP. Before this picture was taken the rays were much more pronounced.

 I've been trying to photograph the perfect sunset for years and have come to the conclusion that things like that are ephemeral and not meant to be captured or pinned down. They must be experienced and savored in the moment, but that doesn't mean I won't keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment