Sunday, December 6, 2009

Metro Red Line

When I first heard about a subway for Los Angeles I thought it was a crazy idea. Nine years later, I almost never drive into L.A. any more. Almost everywhere I want to go downtown is within walking distance of a Metro Red Line stop -Hollywood, the Music Center, the Central Library, Grand Central Market, Disney Concert Hall, China Town, Little Tokyo, etc.

It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to ride end to end on the Red Line (North Hollywood Station to Union Station). I can't even drive into Los Angeles in less than 30 minutes most days. I've taken the connecting Blue Line to the L.A. Convention Center and the Nokia Theater. I don't like the Blue as much as the Red Line, but it gets me where I'm going. I haven't taken it (Blue Line) all the way to the end (Long Beach) yet, but that's on my list. I've read in the news that they plan to extend the Wilshire/Western line all the way out to Santa Monica. That would help a friend of mine who lives out there to get into L.A. more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment